February 13, 2019
Dixie Car Club Newsletter – February 2019
Next Meeting: Thursday, March 7, 2019Place: Whole Hog Cafe, Bryant
Time: 6 p.m. Dinner / 7 p.m. Meeting
The Dixie Car Club met at Whole Hog Cafe on Thursday, February 7. President Shane Shelton welcomed 30 members.
Bill Newsam reported on the January outing to Whippet. After he traded weekends, the weather was beautiful and we had a great turnout. It was well attended by approximately 28 people with members of both Dixie and Mid South Car Club.
The February outing will be hosted by Shane and Elisabeth Shelton. On Saturday, February 23, we will carvan to Riviera Maya at Otter Creek. We will meet at Chicken Express in Benton at 12:00 p.m. and leave from there by 12:30.
Bill Newsam did some research on other clubs on how they separate newer cars vs older cars. He reported that they divide the classes into newer cars and cars 25 years and older. After a long discussion, many opinions were expressed. We had lots of ideas and decided to review the 2018 stats and percentages of awards presented. We will continue the discussion at the March meeting. There were two separate categories created. The Classic category will be for cars 25 years and older. The New category will be for 24 years and newer.
David Huett gave an update on T-Shirts. The minimum order is 15 shirts. The prices for the shirts are: S,M,L without a pocket or name embroidered on it is $15.10. Add $2.00 if you would like a pocket on the front. Add $8.00 if you would like your name embroidered on your shirt. David will be checking to Tall sizes. He will also check into pricing for club business cards.
Cheryl Overton announced that we still have club license plates for sale. They are $11.00 each.
A motion was made by Chris McKimmey and Jim Shipps that the car show fliers will now bear a disclaimer that club member cars will not be judged.
We are saddened to inform everyone of the passing of J.L. Wilson early this morning. Please keep Mary Beth and family in your thought and prayers. Funeral services for J.L. are Friday, Feb 15 at 10:00 a.m. at Memorial Gardens Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow at Philadelphia Cemetary in Prattsville. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to First Landmark Building Fund at 402 West Center, Sheridan, AR 72150.
Please keep Lonnie Hunter in your prayers as he has been ill.
Food Bank: $32.00
- Larry’s Pizza Cruise In at Landmark on March 3 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Stardaze Festival on April 20 at Star City Civic Center, Star City, AR from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Contact Keith Robertson at 870-818-8959 for details.
- Delta Cruisers 15th Annual Car Show on April 27 at Crittenden County Courthouse. Contact Gerald Martin at 870-735-7928 or 901-489-0317 for details.
- 34th Annual Toad Suck Daze Car & Bike Show on May 4 in Conway. Registration between 8-11 a.m. Contact Bill Helton at 358-0436 or Joanne Hamm at 501-329-1452 for details.
- Cabot O.E.S. Charity Car Show in Cabot on May 18 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For entries or information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brierfest Car Show in Greenbrier on May 18. Registration begins at 10 a.m. Contact 501-679-4009 for information and pre-registration.
Shane Shelton, President