The first Dixie Car Club meeting was called to order on Thursday, January 4th, 2024, at 7 p.m. located at Woodfire Grill in Benton by President Jennifer Lytchfield. There were 45 members present. The club welcomed 2 new members, Nathan Walker & Dean Runnels.
- Prayers went out to 2 club members, Wanda Price and Lisa Ramsey, who were in the hospital.
- The club welcomed our new officers: President Jennifer Lytchfield, Vice President Bob Perlinger, Treasurer Lisa Ramsey, and Secretary Tosha Thibeau
- Secretary Tosha Thibeau read meeting minutes from the November 2023 meeting and the financial report on behalf of Treasurer Lisa Ramsey (not in attendance). Also, a reminder was given to all members to pay 2024 membership dues if they have not been paid. Membership fees are $20.
- Vice President Bob Perlinger gave a recap about the CJON Christmas event and thanked all the members who attended.
- Club members thanked club member Velta Shipps for a successful club Christmas party. 44 members attending the party.
- President Jennifer Lytchfield confirmed that the club has secured the Saline County Fair Grounds for the car show for the dates of 9-28-2024 & 10-11-2025. The Gene Moss building has also been secured for the 2024 Christmas party on 12-7-2024 from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. 2 of the 3 charities have been set for funding from the yearly car show. Members Tanny Jones & Velta Shipps made motions and the club agreed to donate to the Autism Alliance of Saline County and to Safe Haven. Members were asked to come up with ideas for a 3rd charity to be voted on during the February meeting. A possible clothing drive for Safe Haven was also suggested.
- The Arkansas Statewide All Club meeting will be on Saturday, February 3, 2024, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Antioch Baptist Church in Conway, AR. Members were asked to attend representing our club. Several members volunteered to attend.
- Club member Roger Weng informed the club of the Fly & Drive car show on Saturday, February 3, 2024, at the Saline County Airport (cars & planes) from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Signup sheets were available to join the following committees: Car Show committee, Membership committee, Special Events committee, & Publications committee. These committees will begin meeting once a month starting this month. If you would like to join one of these committees, please contact President Jennifer Lytchfield.
- Club member Jim Shipps has taken on the official role of planning the yearly “Whippet Trip.” All Dixie Car Club members are invited to cruise together to the Whippet restaurant in Prattsville, AR. On Saturday, January 20th members will gather at the health department in Benton at 2 p.m. The members will cruise together at 2:30 p.m. to the Whippet arriving at 3 p.m. (Rescheduled to Saturday, January 27th due to weather temperatures.)
Members Madison Lytchfield & Autumn Thibeau made the motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:26 p.m.